Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Schrocks invade Wasserbahn

With cabin fever in full force at the Schrock house, it was time for a mini vacation. We originally were trying to go stay in Dubuque, so we could go to the fish museum, but were unable to get reservations, so we headed south to the Amanas and Wasserbahn Waterpark Resort. We thought that we were only going to be able to stay Wednesday - Thursday, but we got lucky and were able to get in Tuesday and stay until Thursday. We had so much fun and were all so tired by Thursday morning. We did a lot of swimming, shopping at the Tanger Outlet Mall and had Micheala's godfather, and good friends, Phil and Nicki come to visit on Wednesday night. Here's some photos of the last couple days.
Dylanne and I fooling around in the hotel room. I was so proud of Dylanne this weekend because she was so well behaved, aside from the times that I instigated jumping on the bed and pillow fights. Heather put an end to those activities real quick.

Oh Micheala. I am convinced that this girl could have fun anywhere, anytime. She is such a goof ball to begin with, but was extra goofy this weekend. She entertained everyone in the hotel restaurant when she stood up in her chair after the meal and let out a loud bump. Trying to save face, I said "Micheala, what do you say?" She smiles and says, "Thank You!" Early indication is that this child is going to be a WILD one when she gets older.

We took a break from the fun to go visit my Grandpa and Grandma Schmidt's grave in nearby Conroy. It meant a lot to go see them, since I hadn't been since they passed. The girls were real patient with the trip, but had a lot of tough questions afterwards.

Dylanne wanted to go down the big slide at the park, but Heather and I were a little apprehensive. She was just tall enough to do it and the lifeguard assured us that she would be fine. She was scared to go at first, but after she went the first time, she wouldn't stop! She was such a big girl and thought she was pretty cool. This really made the trip enjoyable for Dylanne, and I loved seeing her laugh and be full of so much excitement.

Micheala spent her time in the zero depth end, which is the way we preferred it. She enjoyed playing with the other kids there, as well as, going down the kiddy slide with Heather. Heather and I did take the girls into the deeper water with us and let them float for a while, but they both seem to have there own favorite parts of the waterpark, so we let them do there thing.

Micheala after a blue sucker. I thought this picture was a bit freaky so I decided to post it for fun.

Finally, numerous hours of swimming and shopping equals worn out girls. This weekend was very special to our family because with Dylanne in school and Heather and I working opposite hours, we don't get many opportunities to spend extended amounts of time together. Everyone got something this weekend; The girls got to swim, got new clothes, new shoes and toys; Heather got new clothes and a new Coach purse; I got the BILL! (Ha Ha Ha) It was worth it, and I recommend Wasserbahn Waterpark to anyone looking to spend a mini vacation with their family.

1 comment:

jenni said...

I bet if felt great to get out of the house, I know it did for us!! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't believe Dylanne went down the slide by herself, Jaden won't go near the slides, the water might splash her. As for mentioning that Michaela(?) might be a little wild one day, we need to keep her and Skylar far apart!! Great pics and glad you had lots of fun!