Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Visiting "My" Graceland

Last Thursday, I got to finally visit a place that i consider "My" Graceland; The Mississippi River Museum in Dubuque. I've wanted to take the kids for quite some time now and it did not disappoint. There are plenty of fun, educational, activities for the kids to do as well as many displays and aquariums. It covers the entire river from Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico. It shows early and current river life as well as jobs on the Mississippi river. We had a great time and it was hard for me to leave. Here are some photos from the trip.Here's Heather in the rattlesnake pit. Very cool but a bit scary!
The girls and I in front of the paddle wheel outside of the museum.
A display that explains erosion due to flooding. One of many great interactive activities for the kids.
One of many GIANT catfish in the aquariums.
Micheala in front of a baby alligator.
All of the girls in front of an adult alligator.
The girls acting goofy in the "Venom" display at the museum. I recommend this place for all. We had a great time and look forward to returning again someday.

1 comment:

Sarah Brecht said...

Too cute! Looks like fun!