Sunday, December 28, 2008

Finally After 20 Years, The Wait Is Over!

I've waited 20 years for this weekend and I finally got to live out my boyhood dreams.......I got to see the Giants play live! A friend of mine, got me a couple tickets to the Giants/Vikings game on Sunday and Heather and I took the trip. We left the girls with Grandpa and Grandma Schrock for the weekend and headed up to Minneapolis. We stayed at the Marriott City Hotel in downtown Minneapolis on Saturday night, the same hotel that the Giants stayed in. As we checked in, I ran into Dominick Hixon, Giants wide receiver, and a few other players. No autographs or pictures because they were headed to a team dinner. Just a few short moments later, I saw Eli Manning get out of the elevator, which was quite a treat for me. Throughout the weekend we ran into various other Giants personnel. I rode the elevator on Sunday morning with the Offensive Coordinator and team doctor! Our seats were awesome, row 9 in the corner of the end zone on the Giants sideline. We got to the Dome at 10:30am so I took some pictures from our seats of the pregame warm ups. I didn't take any during the game, as I was just soaking it all in.
The pregame pep talk from the captains.
Brandon Jacobs did not play due to a soar knee and there being no real reason to play him, since we already had home field locked up for the playoffs. He is on the far right in the blue wind pants. He is much bigger in person than on TV! In the background you can see Eli getting stretched out.
Here are wide receivers Sinorice Moss and Mario Manningham.
Finally my boy, Ahmad Bradshaw. I was a bit surprised at how big he was in person since he looks small on TV.

Although we didn't win, it was a great time. I felt 10 years old again. I met some awesome fellow Giants fans and some real asshole Viking fans, but overall it was awesome. Heather was a good sport as well because even though she is a Bears fan, she still rocked out the Eli Manning jersey for the game!

No comments: