Saturday, December 13, 2008

Iowa Football Banquet

Tonight my neighbor John and I got to go to the Iowa Football Banquet. Ryan, my cousin, extended an invitation to us and we couldn't pass up the opportunity. It was awesome to say the least. I had a blast and got to meet some of my favorite Hawkeyes. Thanks Ryan for a night that I will always remember.Ryan and I after the banquet. Doesn't Ryan look sharp in the threads?
"Captain" Kirk Ferentz and I after the banquet. Coach Ferentz is one of the nicest guys I've met.
Andy Brodell and I talked a bit about his punt return against Iowa State.
The highlight of the night was meeting the 2008 Doak Walker Award winner, Shonn Greene. I think it should be noted that Shonn gave his Offensive MVP award to his offensive linemen and walked off the stage after giving it to them. He is truly a class act.

Thanks again Ryan for the awesome evening.

No comments: