Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Congrats to Heather!

Heather, as most of you know, is attending graduate school online through Upper Iowa University. She is working for her MPA (Masters in Public Administration). She just finished her first round of classes and pulled B's in her classes. This is a very big deal because she had so much anxiety about school, work and everything else that she was driving herself insane. She was also just invited to speak at a conference in November in Minneapolis, MN on some work related stuff. We are all proud of you! Keep it up.

As for the rest of us, Dylanne has a kindergarten "practice"day on Friday and she's amped about that. She had a dentist appointment today and has one cavity. This was hard to swallow because she brushes her teeth religiously, almost too much if you ask me.

Micheala still will not poop on the potty! I am tired of shitty diapers and she just will not commit to the toilet. I tried to explain to her how great it is to poop on the potty, but I don't think she comprehended the message I was trying to get across. She will wear big girl underwear, but then will not poop until she has given herself a stomach ache.

As for me, I fish. I have a blog (www.schrockfishing.blogspot.com) or "the bait bucket" in which I journal my various fishing adventures. This is a modern way to record my fishing trips, opposed to the photo albums and written fishing journals I'd kept in the past. I am ready for HAWKEYE FOOTBALL! Season tickets are ordered and I'm ready to get nuts.

Finally, I'll leave you with a story.

Last year during the big storms that we had, our neighbors had their trampoline demolished. Austin, the youngest of the family loved the trampoline and often times begged his dad to get him a new one. All he could do was watch the neighbor kids jump on their trampoline, and when he tried to jump with them, he often got rough housed and would end up crying. This year during Micheala's birthday party, My parents got to witness one such incident. That's when they decided to give their trampoline to Austin. So I went to my parent's house and tore down the trampoline and went and set it up at Austin's house. He was so excited and very grateful. The joy that he is getting out of the trampoline is priceless. He jumps on it every time that he can, you see, Austin at the age of 6, is going through his second round of Chemotherapy for his leukemia. One of his side effects is that his legs are weak at times. Austin's father, Chuck, told me yesterday that his doctors say that the trampoline is the best thing for Austin right now because he is building his leg strength.

It baffles me how something as minor as an old not being used trampoline, when placed properly, can make the world of difference.

No comments: