Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Schrocks got a BUG up their ass

I took this week off of work hoping to do a little walleye fishing. I was pissed to find out that the rivers are still high and don't seem to be going down anytime soon. What to do with all this time on my hands. Well, Heather decided that we should rip all of the bushes out in the front of our house and replace it with a combination of mulch, brick and flowers. I liked the bushes and Heather did not, so of course we got rid of the bushes. Once we get a nicer day, I'll be posting pictures of the "new" look in the front of our house. I was against the project at first, but I like the finished project.

Heather and I learned a lesson in buying cars this past week. Last Tuesday we went to Saterlee Motor Company to look at a used Volkswagen New Beetle. It was a 2001 with 70K miles and had only one previous owner. Heather was getting tired of her Ford Focus because it was breaking down all the time and proving to not be all that dependable. We test drove the car and liked it, so we made an offer and was able to pay what we wanted for the car. As soon as we drove off the lot, the engine light came on. We took it back to get fixed and found that we needed to replace the Mass Air Flow. Problem solved right? No............! We then had the check engine light come back on the following day, along with the air bag light. We took it in again, and they agreed to replace the parts that needed to be replaced. Fixed right? No..........! Heather calls me from work yesterday and says her car won't move. We call the dealership and have them tow it to their place. They once again agree to replace the needed parts, but it will take a couple of days. Heather was pissed and I was aggravated. So I met with the owner, Scott Saterlee, and told him we wanted our old car back and that this deal needed to be null in void. He told me that this was not a possibility and that he and his boys were sure that it would be fixed this time. So I agreed to let them fix the car, it was not costing us a thing. It was done at 2:15 pm today, so Heather and I got in the car and drove it to the Volkswagen dealership down the road. With tears in her eyes, Heather told the salesman about how her dream car has turned into a bust and that she couldn't believe the salesmen at Saterlee Motor Company would allow her to load up our kids into a car, that they were well aware of, would break down. I would be lying if I didn't say that this was a planned strategy from Heather and I. The Volkswagen salesmen were able to work us a deal and take the shitty silver 2001 piece of shit beetle off our hands and sell us a 2004 Volkswagen new Beetle.

This car is green (pictured above) a certified pre-owned vehicle, which means it passed a 112 point inspection and has an additional 50K mile warranty on it. The car is fully loaded with only 28K on it. Heather now has her dream car and all is peaceful at the Schrock house once again. We recommend the Volkswagen dealership, as their salesmen were honest and did everything they could to get us into this car. As for Saterlee.........their commercials are the only thing good about this place.

2 comments:

jenni said...

What a fun car!!!! Can I have a ride in it???

Car shopping sucks. We finally got anther one after I wrecked the old one that ran fine. But you know Tad, lots of research and lots and lots of looking and looking!!Finally got a nice mom-looking car. Nothing fancy.

So, when is my ride??

Sarah Brecht said...

WEll done and way to maniuplate! That was totally crap though and you deserved to get a dependable vehicle :)