Tuesday, April 15, 2008

To be 2 and 4!

Things have been busy around here lately, just life. We haven't had a chance to update lately, but I thought I'd share two very different stories from today.

Micheala (or K'la or Mickey) it depends on her mood: I woke up this morning to get ready for work and went to the kitchen to find some interesting artwork on the wall. What could it be? Mud. No, poop! She pooped in the middle of the night and wanted to save it so she drew on the wall. It's so hard to be mad at that logic, I managed though and was pretty ticked off. So, I called into work and said I would be taking a vacation day to work on some potty training issues. I thought I could just finish this potty training stuff once and for all. It's not going well! Ugh! I don't know what else to do. She will be 3 on Saturday. She may be the only teenager to still be wearing pull-ups.

On to Dylanne: The girls are upstairs playing and I was downstairs doing schoolwork and Dylanne came down to have me put shoes on a doll. I'm not sure how we got onto the topic of being "hot", but we managed. She informs me that a little boy at daycare thinks she's "hot!" Oh my goodness. First of all the little boy is only 2. So, I asked her what that meant, was she warm? No, now I'm the dumbest mom ever, it of course in her words means that she's pretty. Why does she know this at 4! Anyway she goes on to tell me that she doesn't like him and he wants to marry her. The problems of a 4 year old. What drama.

That's about all. I know Mike has plans to post a few times this week, probably after Micheala's birthday for sure.

Love,

The Schrocks

1 comment:

Sarah Brecht said...

Oh my! HOT?! Maybe boys are ok. I remember Nicki having one of the twins painting poop on the wall, too! That has yet to happen to us..Knock on wood...